Sat, Jun 11|
Chelsea Hicks Foundation Warehouse
Helping Hands for Chelsea's Closet
Come feel the magic! You'll be sorting and processing dress-up costumes and prepping art supplies and goody bags for the Chelsea Hicks Foundation that provides monthly dress-up and play therapy for seriously ill kids in local hospitals.
Time & Location
Jun 11, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Chelsea Hicks Foundation Warehouse, 14865 SW 74th Ave., Ste. 280, Tigard, OR
About the event
What could be more rewarding than spending a few hours hanging out with some wonderful people amidst tons of fun dress-up costumes and props—knowing your time and energy will warm the heart and bring a sparkle to the eye of a hospitalized child? That's what this event is all about: Working together to support the work of the Chelsea Hicks Foundation, a local nonprofit that visits local hospitals to offer inpatient costume play therapy and crafts for the kiddos. Maybe for a short time, these children get to forget their pain and struggles.
What We'll Be Doing
We'll be sorting and processing costumes and props as well as prepping art projects and goody bags. It's all hands on! We'll be working in the CHF warehouse, where it can get somewhat hot, so dress accordingly and bring a water bottle and a snack.
Who Can Participate
- Must be COVID-vaccinated.
- Children ages 8+ with an adult participant welcome.
- All volunteers must print out, complete the waiver at the bottom of this Chelsea Hicks Foundation Volunteer Form, and bring it when you come to volunteer.
Regarding COVID-19 Precautions
- You must bring proof of COVID-19 vaccination (a physical card or a photo of your vaccination card).
- The number of volunteers is being limited to 20, so the work space can be set up to allow social distancing.
- Wearing a face mask is required during the shift, to ensure everyone's safety.
The Chelsea Hicks Foundation warehouse can be a bit tricky to find. They're located in a "group" warehouse. When you pull up to the building, you'll see parking spaces parallel to 74th. Suite 280 is to the left of that parking area if you're looking at the building. Drive to the "garage door" that is the warehouse entrance for CHF. We'll have an A-frame outside the door to help direct you.
We look forward to seeing you at this iconic Positive Charge! PDX event. We've done this a few times, and it's always fun.
Please note that you'll be asked to accept these Terms and Condtions of Positive Charge! PDX when you sign up to attend. Please review them now.