Tue, Aug 02|
Decorate & Make Sack Lunches for People Experiencing Houselessness
Calling all artists with big hearts! Spend an hour or so at Hamilton Park decorating and writing encouraging messages on bags that will be packed with lunches and distributed by our friends at Blanchet House. Bring the kids to this event! We'll all get our "positive charge"!
Time & Location
Aug 02, 2022, 5:00 PM – Aug 03, 2022, 7:00 PM
Hamilton Park, 4300 SW 47th Dr, Portland, OR 97221, USA
About the event
Come join in on the fun with neighbors and make some new friends--all while exercising your (he)art skills and decorating bags that will be filled with lunch fixings for those experiencing houselessness.
The sack lunches will be distributed to our less-fortunate neighbors by the good people at Blanchet House. Some sack lunches also will be distributed near NE 122nd and Glisan to the houseless living on the streets in that neighborhood in fulfillment of the wish of Sandy, who won the PC! PDX 5th Birthday Wish activity back in January. Thank you, Sandy, for the great idea!
Please note that you'll be asked to accept these Terms and Condtions of Positive Charge! PDX when you sign up to attend. Please review them now.
What to Bring
- PC! PDX will supply the bags and art supplies. If you'd like to bring your own art supplies, feel free to do so.
- Only if you're in a position to do so (no pressure)! Although the sandwiches will be assembled at a later date by a small group in an appropriate kitchen, you're encouraged to bring and donate non-perishable, store-bought snacks & fruit cups that will supplement the sack lunches. Think fruit cocktail, apple sauce, granola bars, small bags of chips, and the like.
- We'd also greatly appreciate gift cards to Costco, Safeway, or Fred Meyer that will help defray the costs of Positive Charge! PDX purchasing the sandwich fixings. Every dollar helps!
- Minors? If you plan to bring a minor, please print out, fill out, and bring THIS MINOR'S WAIVER with you when you come to volunteer.
- Optional: This event will be held during the Bridlemile Neighborhood Association's "Party On, Portland!" event at Hamilton Park. There'll be live music!!! You might want to plan to bring a picnic dinner and party on with neighbors and friends after decorating some lunch bags.
Who Can Participate
- Must be COVID-vaccinated.
- Children ages 8+ with an adult participant welcome.
We look forward to seeing you at this "art in the park" Positive Charge! PDX event. We hosted a similar event last year, and it was super fun! Questions? Email info@PositiveChargePDX.org