Behind-the-Scenes Prep Work to Bring a Smile to Hospitalized Children
When does the Project start?
About the Project
Who loves playing dress-up?! 😊We all do--including kids who are in the hospital facing life-threatening diseases. Maybe them more than anyone else! That's where the Chelsea Hicks Foundation comes in. This amazing organization inspires hope and healing for seriously ill children through therapeutic dressup and play.
Some of you may remember that Positive Charge! PDX has collected kids' costumes, PJs, slipper socks, and more to donate to CHF to distribute through "Chelsea’s Closet." Using this rolling closet, CHF facilitates monthly dressup parties at children’s hospitals with the kids parading around the ward, showing off their costumes. For many of the kids, this is their one time out of their rooms for the day. Children unable to leave their rooms also have an opportunity to select a new costume, craft project, and goody bag.
And here's where YOU can step up to help! A limited group of 20 Positive Charge! PDX volunteers have the privilege of going to the CHF warehouse in Tigard to sort fun costumes, package them for Chelsea's Closet, prep craft projects, and assemble goody bags of accessories for dressup. What a special opportunity this is to do behind-the-scenes work that will bring smiles to so many children!
Because of the limited space, sign up early. Let's help the Chelsea Hicks Foundation make magic happen for critically ill children in Portland hospitals!
- CHF will provide gloves for all and require face masks for those who have not been COVID-vaccinated.
- We will be doing multiple projects (crafting, sorting and processing costumes, prepping goody bags, etc.) and working in socially distanced stations, both indoors and outdoors.
- We will be working in warehouse and parking lot settings, so comfortable shoes are important.
- Dress for the weather! If it's warm, outside stations will be under a canopy to help with sun coverage.
- CHF sanitizes their work areas before and after anyone is in the office/warehouse.
- Children 8 and above are welcome with an adult participant. If you plan to bring minors, please register separately for each person, noting in the appropriate field that the individual is a minor.
Because CHF works with children with a suppressed immune system, following strict protocol is critical.
Importantly, please review our Terms, Conditions, Liability Release and Photo Authorization. You will be asked to agree to these when you RSVP. Thanks for helping us to take care of paperwork upfront, so we can spend every moment at the event getting our "positive charge"! P.S. If you do NOT want to have your photo taken, please mention this to the PC! PDX Angel in charge when you arrive so we can be sure to identify you. No pressure at all!
We can’t wait to work with you on this fun project, creating another positive impact in our community!